ANSTO - Nuclear Materials Scientist
#797 (In Topic #406)
Applications close: Sunday 21 June 2020 3 Year Term | Full Time | $83k - $94k +15.4% super
About the position
The Nuclear Materials Scientist will be responsible for developing knowledge on synthesis and characterisation of nuclear materials for extreme environments relevant to Gen 3 and Gen 4 systems, and to model and validate their structural properties. To perform research that contributes to ANSTO Projects by carrying out laboratory-based experimental work, and writing reports or other forms of scientific publications.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct research on synthesis of new materials with specific properties relevant to extreme environments (temperature, corrosion, radiation) for nuclear systems, and other applications.
- Conduct modelling of structural properties and validate the models using existing experimental methods.
- Design materials testing experiments to generate results for new materials or to cover gaps in existing literature.
- Contribute to the outcomes of Nuclear Fuel Cycle Research Theme by initiating and conducting scientific research relevant to commercial and research projects.
Skills and Experience
- PhD in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, Physics, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge in materials synthesis and characterisation methods.
- Knowledge in nuclear engineering materials and modelling of materials properties (Desirable).
- Demonstrated capacity to carry out experimental work.
Link to the advert: here.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.