ANSTO - Nuclear Chemist
#796 (In Topic #405)
Applications close: Sunday 21 June 20203 Year Term | Full Time | $83k - $94k +15.4% super
About the position
To perform research that contributes to ANSTO-NFC Projects in Nuclear Fuel and Nuclear Waste by carrying out laboratory-based experimental work, and writing reports or other forms of scientific publications. To support chemistry-related research activities in Reactor Systems on corrosion of nuclear materials by molten salts, and to contribute with high-level support for other parts of the Organisation such as Waste Operations, ANM and others.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct research on synthesis and characterisation of actinide-doped materials as potential nuclear fuels, spent fuels and wastes from future Gen 4 reactors.
- Conduct research on characterisation of liquid waste forms for various legacy waste streams.
- Conduct research on removing nuclear contaminants from various surfaces.
- Conduct research on corrosion of nuclear materials by molten salts.
Skills and Experience
- PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, or equivalent.
- Desirable experience in working with active materials.
- Desirable knowledge in surface corrosion.
- Demonstrated capacity to carry out experimental work.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.