ANSTO - Radiochemist
#795 (In Topic #404)
Applications close: Sunday 21 June 20203 Year Term | Full Time | $83k - $94k +15.4% super
About the position
The Radiochemist provides expert contribution to the Radiochemistry capabilities of the Biosciences platform, by undertaking research and development to enable the delivery of new radiotracers for research and commercial users. The position contributes to the development and enhancement of the Biosciences platform capabilities in radiochemistry automation, radiolabelling with PET and SPECT radioisotopes and radioanalytical measurements and separations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Review, conduct, interpret and develop new radiopharmaceutical and radiochemical production procedures to improve preclinical and clinical studies;
- Propose, evaluate, interpret and validate new radiolabelling procedures with radioisotopes for routine supply to user communities;
- Participate in all aspects of synthetic chemistry and chemical analysis using NMR, Mass Spectroscopy, HPLC, FTIR, UV, HPLC and others; and
- Contribute to the routine production of PET and SPECT radiotracers.
Skills and Experience
- Higher degree (PhD) in radiochemistry, synthetic or medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or other relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to produce scientific and research outcomes, develop platform capabilities and undertake scientific analysis.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in synthetic chemistry.
- Sound knowledge and prior experience in chemical analytical techniques, especially NMR, HPLC and mass spectrometry.
Link to the advert: here.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.