South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI) - Graduate Radiochemist
#832 (In Topic #432)
Applications close: 5pm Friday, 20 November 2020 | Full-Time | 2 Year Contract
At the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI), we are committed to achieving innovative, ground-breaking health and medical research that fundamentally improves the quality of life for all people.
We are seeking a Graduate Radiochemist to work across a wide variety of radiopharmaceutical production and pharmaceutical activities within the Molecular Imaging and Therapy Research Unit (MITRU) located at SAHMRI. The MITRU facility is home to South Australia's only cyclotron and manufactures radiopharmaceuticals under a TGA licence.
About the Role
Key responsibilities include:
- Completion of documentation related to all tasks including batch records, quality records and log books whilst adhering to GMP.
- Acceptance and control of raw materials, including sampling, testing and dispensing materials for Production and QC.
- Manufacture all radiopharmaceutical products according to SOPs, aseptic methodology and principles of GMP.
- Maintenance of adequate stock consumables and raw materials (including long lead time materials) to allow critical work to continue uninterrupted.
- Packaging and testing of radioactive shipments for customers.
- Calibration and standardisation of equipment including assistance of service staff whilst on site.
- Use of computerised production systems and QC equipment.
- General laboratory housekeeping
The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science related discipline
- Experience and knowledge in the use of standard laboratory equipment, for example liquid, gas and thin-layer chromatography systems is advantageous.
- Experience in pharmaceutical clean-room protocols/procedures would be advantageous
- Knowledge, experience and/or training to meet GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) requirements would also be advantageous
- Experience in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and testing environment desirable
- Microbiological experience and reporting would be desirable.
- Working knowledge of radiation protection practices preferred
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
For more information, please contact Cass Galton, HR Manager, at Cassandra.Galton@sahmri.com
Link to the advert: here.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.