- Application closing date: 11:59PM 28th January 2024
- Multiple Positions Available
- Ongoing | Full Time | $89k - $120k +15.4% super
- Lucas Heights location I Health & Wellbeing Programs
- Inclusive and Diverse Organisation with a campus style work environment and free onsite parking
- Excellent opportunity for WHS professional looking for challenge with career progression via linked role.
About the Opportunity
With the nuclear sector growing in the coming years, we are looking to expand our highly diverse and capable workforce for the exciting future ahead. As Australia looks to ANSTO as the leading source of nuclear expertise, advice, and services, you will have a crucial role in providing benefit to Australians through nuclear science and technology.
In these roles you will provide trusted Work Health and Safety advice and specialised services, helping ANSTO staff undertake novel research and development activities while building collaborative stakeholder relationships.
"You are a Work Health and Safety professional experienced in construction, Human Factors and implementing Safety in Design looking to apply your knowledge, experience and expertise in challenging, real world applications." - Dean Ruprecht WHS Operations Leader
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the identification, assessment, control and verification of a broad range of hazards across the organisation including high risk hazards, through conducting safety-based risk assessments and reviewing Safe Work Method & Environmental Statements;
- Advise on Safety in Design including, human factors, process safety, safe handling and use of chemicals, ergonomic design by having a demonstrated depth of understanding for designing out risk in early stages of project works.
- Develop strong client relationships and adapt communication styles to suit different levels of technical understanding to reach agreement on desired outcomes and so that clients are confident to act upon given advice.
- Promote and foster safety culture at ANSTO through safety leadership with the aim of continuous improvement and understanding of WHS measures and practices. This may include respectfully challenging established ways of working in favour of more optimal approaches.
Please click here to view the Position Description.
ANSTO leverages great science to deliver big outcomes. We partner with scientists and engineers and apply new technologies to provide real-world benefits. Our work improves human health, saves lives, builds our industries and protects the environment. ANSTO is the home of Australia's most significant landmark and national infrastructure for research. Thousands of scientists from industry and academia benefit from gaining access to state-of-the-art instruments every year.
Benefits of Working with Us
ANSTO employees are passionate about what they do. We enjoy being part of an organisation making a difference in the lives of Australians.
We support and reward our employees through eligibility for:
- Training, development and mentoring opportunities
- Performance based salary increases
- Work-life balance with generous leave entitlements and flexible conditions
If you want to join a world class organisation that's making a difference in the lives of Australians, apply now!
How to Apply
For further technical information relating to this position please refer to the Position Description or contact Dean Ruprecht on (02) 9717 9142. For all other queries please contact Talent Acquisition on +61 (02) 9717 3359.
To be eligible for appointment, applicants will require a security and pre-employment medical assessment.
All applicants must be Australian citizens.