- Application closing date: 23rd January 2024 at 11:59 pm
- Ongoing | Full Time | $107,000 - $120,000 +15.4% super
- ANSTO is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Occupational Hygienist
- Lucas Heights - Sutherland Shire location I Health & Wellbeing Programs
- On-site Childcare for employees | Work in a campus-based community environment
About the Opportunity
The Occupational Hygienist reports to the Leader, Human Health Monitoring and is a member of the High Reliability team. The High Reliability team provides a wide range of safety and environmental services for the organisation, as well as a range of external services to government and commercial clients. The key internal areas of expertise are radiation protection and dosimetry, conventional health and safety, emergency preparedness and related assurance functions and regulatory relationships. In addition, the team provides specialised services related to radiation protection and emergency response and preparedness on a commercial basis or in the National interest.
This role will see you supporting the occupational health performance of our Safety Lifecycle Project team. The Occupational Hygienist will offer expert advice and analysis to various stakeholders and ANSTO undertakings, ensuring the systematic management of occupational health risks across ANSTO capital projects.
ANSTO is currently seeking suitably qualified and experienced Occupational Hygienist. You will be part of the Safety Lifecycle team, High Reliability, providing expert advice to ensure the systematic management and control of occupational health risks across ANSTO capital projects - Carmen Naylor & Leader Human Health Monitoring
- Comprehensive knowledge of Australian Work Health and Safety Legislation, Codes of Practice and Guidance documentation pertaining to occupational health, occupational hygiene and wellbeing.
- Degree, or equivalent in Occupational Hygiene, or related discipline in engineering or science.
- Full Member (MAIOH) and Certified Occupational Hygienist (COH) of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists or ability to achieve in timely manner.
- Extensive experience working in a professional capacity within the field of occupational health and hygiene.
- Proficient in applying the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists framework for risk management of occupational health hazards.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure ANSTO meets its legal/regulatory obligations in respect of occupational hygiene and that management, and the workforce are aware of these requirements.
- Regular site visits to evaluate contractor performance by ensuring Principal Contractor occupational health and hygiene management system documentation and work practices are compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure implementation of occupational health and hygiene monitoring services for individuals identified with a significant risk of health hazard exposure.
- Review asbestos and HAZMAT removal control plans, safe work method statements, asbestos in air monitoring results, and clearance certificates to ensure adherence to WHS Regulation and codes of practice.
- Support the development of internal Business Management System documentation and ANSTO Safety Management System documentation pertaining to Occupational Health and Hygiene.
Please click here to view the Position Description.
ANSTO leverages great science to deliver big outcomes. We partner with scientists and engineers and apply new technologies to provide real-world benefits. Our work improves human health, saves lives, builds our industries and protects the environment. ANSTO is the home of Australia's most significant landmark and national infrastructure for research. Thousands of scientists from industry and academia benefit from gaining access to state-of-the-art instruments every year.
Benefits of Working with Us
ANSTO employees are passionate about what they do. We enjoy being part of an organisation making a difference in the lives of Australians.
We support and reward our employees through eligibility for:
- Training, development and mentoring opportunities
- Performance based salary increases
- Work-life balance with generous leave entitlements and flexible conditions
If you want to join a world class organisation that's making a difference in the lives of Australians, apply now!
How to Apply
For further technical information relating to this position please refer to the Position Description or contact Carmen Naylor on (M) 0472 808 490. For all other queries please contact Talent Acquisition on +61 (02) 9717 9361.
To be eligible for appointment, applicants will require a security and pre-employment medical assessment.
All applicants must be Australian citizens.