- Application closing date: 18th February 2024 at 11:59pm
- Ongoing | Full Time | $124k - $138k base salary +15.4% superannuation
- Inclusive and Diverse Organisation | Health & Well-being Programs | Flexible Work Practices
- On-site Childcare for employees | Work in a campus-based community environment
- Great Opportunity for a Radiation Protection Professional to join ANSTO and be emersed in interesting and inspiring work
- Generous relocation packages available for interstate candidates.
About the Opportunity
With the nuclear sector growing in the coming years, we are looking to expand our highly diverse and capable workforce for the exciting future ahead. As Australia looks to ANSTO as the leading source of nuclear expertise, advice, and services, you will have a crucial role in providing benefit to Australians by providing advice and guidance in radiation protection and emergency management to our internal and external stakeholders.
“The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge in radiation protection with proven experience in the application of radiation protection principles for Planned, Emergency and Existing exposure situations to achieve improved safety lifecycle outcomes.” Michael Polewski, Radiation Safety Lifecycle Leader
Membership of the Australian Radiation Protection Society will be highly regarded.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Effective leadership of staff, budget and resources; and the development and implementation of strategies to improve work practices, systems and processes to ensure the delivery of high-quality services and outcomes.
- Project manage and oversee aspects of Radiation Protection Services’ development and implementation, including preparing project plans and reports, establishing appropriate governance, identifying, allocating and managing available resources, to ensure project outcomes are achieved on time, on budget, to quality standards.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities, working consultatively and collaboratively with project leaders, clients, and high reliability staff to establish productive working relationships and foster the communication of experiences and knowledge across different divisions.
- Provide authoritative and expert advice to the NSSS Senior Leadership on the formulation of strategies and policies related to the Section's technical responsibilities and facilitating their implementation to support the achievement of international best practice.
- Ensure a Through Life Capability Project Management approach to all radiation and nuclear new build and decommissioning activities.
Please click here to view the Position Description.
ANSTO leverages great science to deliver big outcomes. We partner with scientists and engineers and apply new technologies to provide real-world benefits. Our work improves human health, saves lives, builds our industries and protects the environment. ANSTO is the home of Australia's most significant landmark and national infrastructure for research. Thousands of scientists from industry and academia benefit from gaining access to state-of-the-art instruments every year.
Benefits of Working with Us
ANSTO employees are passionate about what they do. We enjoy being part of an organisation making a difference in the lives of Australians.
We support and reward our employees through eligibility for:
- Training, development and mentoring opportunities
- Performance based salary increases
- Work-life balance with generous leave entitlements and flexible conditions
If you want to join a world class organisation that's making a difference in the lives of Australians, apply now!
How to Apply
For further technical information relating to this position please refer to the Position Description or contact Michael Polewski on 61 (02) 9717 9518. For all other queries please contact Talent Acquisition on +61 (02) 9717 9361.
To be eligible for appointment, applicants will require a security and pre-employment medical assessment.
Australian Citizens Preferred