ANSTO is currently advertising for Radionuclide Metrology Scientist Physics position.
Applications close: 20 June 2021Ongoing| Full Time | $85k - $96k +15.4% super
About the position
The Radionuclide Metrology Scientist is responsible for contributing to laboratory operations through the development and maintenance of national radionuclide activity standards and associated equipment and instrumentation. Reporting to the Specialist Radionuclide Metrology Scientist, you will also contribute to radionuclide metrology client services.
Duties and responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Perform ongoing maintenance and calibration of equipment and instrumentation to maintain the radionuclide metrology capability in good working order.
- Assist with the delivery of radionuclide metrology client services. Gain competency with preparing and measuring radioactive sources; analysing measurement data, calculating uncertainties according to the ISO GUM; and preparing certificates and reports.
- Develop specialist knowledge and experience in radionuclide metrology by contributing to the development and maintenance of radionuclide activity standards.
- Develop and apply knowledge and expertise in physics to contribute to the development of equipment and/or methods required for radionuclide metrology applications.
- Degree in Physics or other related discipline
- Knowledge of ionising radiation measurement techniques
- Knowledge of radiation safety and radioactive source handling
Link to the advert: here.