Your new company
The company is an industrial pharmacy with TGA/GMP licensed sites in major cities across Australia and overseas. The business compounds and dispenses the latest imaging and therapy agents from manufacturer's worldwide for use in Radiopharmacies, Oncology, PET Imaging and Medical Imaging Centres and also provides specialist manufacturing services.
Your new role
Reporting to the National Compliance Manager, as the National Radiation Safety Officer you will manage radiation practices, including maintenance of the sites Radiation Management Plan, ensuring all radiation related regulatory requirements are met. This is a full-time position based in our Sydney office.
- Reporting to the National Compliance Manager
- Facilitation with site specific Radiation Safety Advisers
- Manage all (indirect) staff/projects where relevant
- Liaise with relevant industry regulatory bodies
- Provide relevant and accurate guidance to GMS relating to national and state level radiation regulatory requirements to ensure GMS compliance
- Management/coordination of radiation safety requirements nationally to ensure state specific requirements & company radiation safety requirements (as per RMP, SOP, and Policies) are met.
- Management of the site-specific radiation safety advisors (RSA), to ensure correct and timely task completion, and coordinates work activities with other managers/supervisors.
- Maintenance of the National RMP in accordance with State specific requirements in a timely manner, and management of the resultant national roll out (including end user training).
- Provide endurance that operation activities being carried out in the facilities are in line with licensee-approved policies and procedures.
- Identification and investigation of radiation safety issues, including the notification of potential hazards to Senior Management.
- Implementation of corrective actions and preventative actions, in line with internal procedures.
- Management of radioactive sources transport, in compliance with local, national and, when applicable, international guidelines.
- Management of radiation incidents across all sites.
- Reporting of KPIs to senior management.
- Lead participation in regulatory audits (e.g. NSW EPA).
- Project management work as required.
- Oversight of dosimetry service.
- Provide Radiation Safety Training to staff.
- Coordinate staff licences.
- Coordinate internal control and oversight of customer licences.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Tertiary degree in health physics or science related equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a certified radiation safety officer
- Working knowledge of state radiation control legislation (NSW)
- Working knowledge of RMP requirements
- Ability to research and resolve a wide range of diverse technical issues using project management techniques
- Working knowledge of SOPs
- Sound written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proven attention to detail
You will be working with a collaborative team of professionals based at the Sydney office. The business has an inviting, open communication mindset and fosters an atmosphere of new ideas, innovation and continuous improvement. The start/finish times are flexible for the right candidate.
Link to advert: Here