Full details found here.
Cyclowest is Western Australia’s only commercial radiopharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
This position is part of a highly professional, interdependent team who produce radioisotopes and radio-pharmaceuticals used in clinical imaging, treatment and research applications. The position can be part time or full time, depending on candidate and experience. Facility operational hrs are 3:00am - 5:00pm.
Qualifications & experience
- Tertiary qualifications in physics.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of radioactive materials handling, radiation safety standards and radiation protection principles with a background in management of radioactive substances, radiopharmaceuticals or a nuclear medicine environment.
- Relevant experience as a Radiation Safety Officer
- Ability to conduct work with professional independence and ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with staff, management, suppliers and regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated practical experience with use of engineering and measurement instruments, hand tools, and information and computing technology systems.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated experience to:
- measure and assess personnel and environment radiation dose levels;
- conduct environmental sampling and analyses, instrument calibration and radioactive waste management;
- plan and organise with a high attention to detail and think critically about process improvements;
- perform duties efficiently under time constraints.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Prepare documentation for regulatory agencies to enable facility registration and licensing to manufacture radioactive substances and use irradiating apparatus.
- Administer a personnel radiation dosimetry service; Ensure calibration of radiation, environment monitoring and other test instrumentation to national standards.
- Develop, maintain, interpret, and implement plans, policies, and procedures for day-to-day operations of the facility.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing liaison with regulators, key industry bodies and equipment suppliers to advance knowledge of processes and equipment to ensure best radiation safety practice.
- Assist the cyclotron engineer with maintenance and troubleshooting of facility equipment and monitoring instrumentation. Also assist with information and computing technology facility systems.
- Participate in routine radiopharmaceutical production and quality control activities to meet Good Manufacturing Practice requirements.
- The salary range for this position is negotiable, based on experience and qualifications.
- The position can be either part-time (3 days per week) up to full-time depending on the candidate.
For further position information or to discuss the role please contact:
Thomas Tuchyna, General Manager Cyclowest: mob 0406 092 796 or firstname.lastname@example.org