- Contribute to the Continuous Improvement of Radiation and Safety
- Impactful Safety Advocacy and Diverse Challenges
- Work in the Beautiful Rangers of South Australia – 8/6 Roster
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Radiation Advisor to become a valuable member of our highly skilled HSSE team at our Beverly Mine Site. This pivotal role involves providing crucial support to the Senior Radiation Advisor and site Radiation Safety Officer in spearheading regulatory monitoring and reporting. Your contribution with play a vital role in ensuring the safety and well-being in our operations.
At Heathgate we are driving change. We are looking for exceptional people who will help us accelerate the drive to clean and sustainable energy. Since 2000 we have mined uranium in the far north of South Australia using the unique and low-impact in-situ recovery (ISR) method to source and recover uranium ore from underground without shifting the earth. We are an industry leader who respects and cares for the environment and our community.
Regulatory Radiation Monitoring & Reporting· Undertake radiation monitoring, ensuring all regulatory monitoring is completed in accordance with the Radiation Management Plan (RMP) and Radioactive Waste Management Plan (RWMP).
· Contribute to the preparation and review of all statutory regulatory radiation reporting and on time submission.
Shared Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) Responsibilities:
- Undertake monitoring, and sample collection and analysis.
- Oversee radiation contamination clearances.
- Oversee radiation management and signoff of UOC shipments and other radioactive materials.
- Oversee radiation monitoring data collection, and entry and ensure any trends/anomalies are detected.
- Oversee the respiratory protection equipment program.
- Develop, review, and revise relevant work instructions, and procedures and carry out regular audits/reviews to ensure they maintain relevance.
- Assist in the preparation and/or review of regulatory radiation safety documentation.
- Provide radiation safety advice and training to worker and assist in developing and updating training materials.
- Oversee calibration and maintenance of radiation monitoring equipment as required.
- Assist Safety and Environment Advisors where possible and provide coverage where possible/practicable.
- Prepare reports and provide input and advice to meetings, projects, and initiatives as it relates to radiation management.
· Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) majoring in physics or occupational hygiene.
· Licence to Use or Handle a Radioactive Substances (inc. Sealed Sources).
· IMDG Code – Dangerous Goods by Sea.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
· Knowledge of radiation, and radiation protection.
· Competency of software packages including MS Office (Word, Access, and Excel).
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
· Experience as radiation safety officer or similar.
· Experience using WHS management systems.
· Experience in mining industry.
Why Work for Heathgate?
Exceptional people are essential for our continuing success and innovation. We appreciate and reward exceptional work. We encourage, challenge, and support our people to achieve their professional goals. In addition to this commitment, we offer:
- Excellent total remuneration with performance incentives.
- Novated Vehicle Leases.
- Employee Benefits program (retail discounts and more).
- Private Health Insurance Subsidy.
- Study Assistance and Professional Development programs.
- Relocation assistance should the successful candidate reside outside South Australia.
- Supportive, professional, experienced team environment.
Our culture is unique. We work in a dynamic, learning focused environment. If this appeals to you and you have the skills, experience and attributes outlined above, we’d love to hear from you.
Heathgate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds as we believe diversity delivers advantages to our business and workplace and contributes to technical excellence.
We acknowledge that we are operating on Adnyamathanha country and encourage applicants of from the Adnyamathanha community, or applicants from other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent to apply.
To ApplyTo apply, submit your CV and a covering letter to Human Resources - firstname.lastname@example.org, or click ‘apply’ to directly submit your application. Only applicants with the right to live and work in Australia need apply.
To learn more about Heathgate, please go to www.heathgate.com.au