ANSTO is currently advertising for Three Health Physics Surveyor positions. Applications close: 25 April 2021 | Three positions available| Ongoing | Full Time | $62k - $81k +15.4% super |Sutherland Shire | Work-life balance | Health & Wellbeing Programs
About the position
The Health Physics Surveyor provides hands-on safety advice and monitoring services to a range of operational areas to ensure the safety of staff, contractors and visitors; and compliance with ANSTO’s WHS Standards and Practices, and with regulatory requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Monitor and measure radiation levels and advise on radiological hazards, provide ventilation safety advice, log information to ensure QA compliance,
- Provide advice to different levels of personnel on the most effective practical radiation protection measures to be taken across a large and varied range of situations. This advice is based on defined policies and procedures within a set range of parameters,
- Deliver basic radiation safety training to other ANSTO staff, including trainee safety officers and describe work procedures to non-ANSTO visitors,
- Provide advice on radiation safety procedures to be incorporated into divisional documents, including assisting in the preparation of these work instructions while following safety standards, procedures and instructions.
Link to the advert: here.
- Tertiary qualifications (commonly Trade certificate) in relevant engineering or science discipline or relevant ANSTO experience,
- Knowledge of radiation measurement methods,
- Organisational skills and meticulous approach to work with the ability to plan and organise tasks effectively for self,
- Pro-active and reliable in following through with actions.