ANSTO is currently advertising for Nuclear Analyst position. Applications close: 13 June 2021 Ongoing | Full Time | $85k - $114k +15.4% super
About the position
The Nuclear Analyst is responsible for providing analytic assessments and technical advice to ANSTO senior management and other stakeholders in support of nuclear reactor safety, utilisation and operations. Supporting the safe operation of OPAL and other projects seeking to utilise the OPAL facilities are the main focus of the work.
Duties and responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Develop specialist knowledge in radiation transport, reactor physics and OPAL design.
- Undertake numerical modelling, measurements, and analysis for a broad range of ANSTO projects.
- Assist in the analysis and review of reactor design and safety to ensure the optimum operation of OPAL.
- Assist in the provision of technical and analytic advice and assessments in support of safety submissions for OPAL and other ANSTO projects. This includes assistance with development of submissions requiring ARPANSA approval.
- Assist in the provision of high quality internal and external advice to stakeholders on relevant computational and experimental analysis techniques.
- Develop and improve the available codes for reactor analysis and fuel management to support OPAL operational requirements.
- Degree in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics.
- Knowledge of the principles of nuclear reactor physics and/or engineering.
- Experience in modelling and analysis techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse data to develop practical advice and engineering solutions for problems.
Link to the advert: here.