Closing time: Monday, 18 October 2021
ANSTO is currently advertising for 2 positions - 1x Mechanical Fitter & 1x Electrical / I&C Technician. Ongoing | Full Time | $74,069.00 - $83,202.00 +15.4% super | Sutherland Shire | Work-life balance | Health & Wellbeing Programs
About the Opportunity
The primary objective of the SyMo Operator Maintainer is to safely and efficiently operate plant during routine shift operations, under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor.
The SyMo Operator Maintainer holds an industrial trade qualification and can work independently or in small teams to execute complex planned and unplanned maintenance tasks. SyMo Operator Maintainers are required to be subject matter experts in their field and leverage their extensive technical and process knowledge in support of achieving reliability and availability targets for the SyMo facility, and ensuring ongoing compliance with safety, regulatory and statutory requirements.
There is one position available for each of the following industrial trade qualifications:1x Mechanical Fitter/Technician & 1x Electrical/I&C Technician
“We are looking for a qualified technician willing to undertake the challenges of operating and maintaining a first of a kind facility in a heavily regulated environment. The succesful candidate will support to Shift Supervisor for production activities and be subject matter expert for technical/maintenance tasks.
Maria Ramirez, SyMo Operations Supervisor
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently operate the First-Of-A-Kind SyMo plant and equipment safely to ensure production is running to schedule.
- Support Shift Supervisor to coordinate plant and equipment start-ups, operation, shutdowns, and resolve complex operational issues.
- Execute complex planned maintenance tasks relevant to discipline, diagnose faults, and supervise external specialist contractors doing these tasks
- Respond to unplanned maintenance, use expertise to develop and implement corrective actions to get the plant operational.
- Develop, complete and review operations and maintenance documentation (SAP work orders, records sheets, shift logs, SWMES, etc).
- Undertake validation and commissioning activities to ensure the SyMo facility, systems and equipment meet requirements.
- Perform duties within a highly regulated environment using a suite of procedures, instructions, and standards, and conforming to ARPANSA, ISO and ASNO regulations and guidelines.
- Meet all training requirements of the position.
Link to the advert: here.