Closing time: Wednesday, 10 November 2021
All applicants must be Australian citizens.
ANSTO is currently advertising a position for a Radiochemist. Ongoing | Full Time | 85k - $96k +15.4% super
The Radiochemist provides expert contribution to the Radiochemistry capabilities of the Biosciences platform, by undertaking research and development to enable the delivery of new radiopharmaceuticals and radioisotopes for research and commercial users. The position contributes to the development, enhancement, and sustainability of the Biosciences platform capabilities in radiopharmaceutical and radioisotope optimisation, validation and manufacture, radiolabelling with therapeutic and diagnostic radioisotopes and radioanalytical measurements and separations.
- Higher degree (PhD) in radiochemistry, synthetic or medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or other relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to produce scientific and research outcomes, develop scientific methods or capabilities and undertake scientific
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in synthetic chemistry.
- Sound knowledge and prior experience in chemical analytical techniques, especially NMR, HPLC and mass spectrometry.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
Link to the advert: here.
- Review, conduct, interpret and develop new radiopharmaceutical and radioisotope production procedures to improve preclinical and clinical studies.
- Propose, evaluate, interpret and validate new radiolabelling procedures with radioisotopes for the routine supply of radiopharmaceuticals to user communities.
- Contribute to the routine production of therapeutic and diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals and radioisotopes.
- Work within a team of platform scientists, laboratory professional officers & laboratory technicians and other internal and external scientists/researchers to both facilitate and contribute to research and commercial outcomes in response to user needs.