Closing time: Friday the 3rd of December 2021
Radiation Services WA (RSWA) is looking for a Radiation Protection Expert | Flexible/Part Time (20h/wk) | Hasler Road, Osborne Park WA
CONTACT: Lauren Steen – Operations Manager
Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to the Operations Manager and Leadership Team, this role is a senior technical position, responsible for the integrity of RSWA radiological advice and will include the mentoring and development of RSWA’s radiation consultants.
RPEs also work closely with the Operations Manager to seek out new business and deliver on operational objectives including continual improvement in delivery of RSWA products and services.
The role will include travel within Australia to client sites as required.
- Perform Radiation Consulting work such as auditing, training and RSO functions as required
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and the Leadership Team to implement radiological procedures
- Perform risk assessments on the company’s radiological operations and report to the leadership team
- Continuous improvement of existing radiation safety systems
- Support Operations team on all legislative matters
- Provide expert guidance on radiation procedures, hazard assessments and safe work procedures
- Manage risk register and monitoring of risk controls
- Conduct audits and inspections of relevant systems and work practices to provide assurance on compliance with organisational and legislative requirements
- Identify and recommend radiation training needs to maintain / build capability for all personnel
- Where relevant, participate in delivery of OHS training, including inductions
- Ability to communicate radiological advice to a variety of stakeholders of different levels
- Passionate and motivated individual with the ability to work on own initiative
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Strong literacy and numerical skills
- Organised and able to meet deadlines, a person who does what they say and follows through with conviction on commitments.
Qualifications & Experience :
- Tertiary qualification(s) in a relevant science discipline
- Radiation Consultant experience, ideally five years in a similar role
- Knowledge and understanding of both federal and state regulations
- Radiation Safety Licence(s)
- Regulator experience desirable
- Oil & Gas or Mining sector experience desirable