Application closing date: 30 January 2022
Ongoing | Part Time | $53k - $59k +15.4% super
About the Opportunity
The Laboratory Assistant is to maintain the hygiene and cleanliness of a suite of Scientific facilities and laboratories, ensuring they meet our operating standards and customer requirement. Additionally, you will contribute to the facility and laboratory operations through performing basic laboratory support tasks, such as chemical inventory management, basic procurement and goods receipt, preparation and revision of quality and safety documentation, and equipment and chemical registers in the areas of responsibility.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for routine and non-routine cleaning of all facilities to ensure proper function, and compliance (quality, safety and regulatory), and to meet user expectations and requirement.
- Maintain and undertake the preparation and cleaning of specialised facilities to cleanroom standards to enable production and testing of radiopharmaceuticals and radioisotopes.
- Responsible for the collection of waste and the subsequent categorization, sorting to align with ANSTO waste management practice, and active and non-active laundry management.
- Contribute to the maintenance of facilities and equipment by providing basic laboratory technical support to maximise facility and laboratory users experience and requirement, including coordinating and supervising service contractors and placing orders, replenish and circulation of general consumables’.
- Contribute where required to the management of chemicals and chemicals stores by participating in the annual chemical disposal, inventory stocktake and affiliated operations.
- Responsible for the preparation and revision of quality and safety documentation, and registers in the areas of responsibility.
Link to the advert: here.