Application closing date: 11:59pm, Wednesday 11 May 2022
Ongoing | Full Time | $64k - $83k +15.4% super | Two opportunities available
Duties and responsibilities
- Accountable for Business as Usual activities along with unplanned events within remote handled waste processing and handling, contact handled solid wastes, contact handled liquid wastes, waste characterisation, decontamination, laundry services and support to ANSTO’s projects
- Ensure effective and compliant service for the collection, transportation, storage, processing, decontamination, characterisation of radioactive waste material in accordance with licence conditions, plans and arrangements and ANSTO’s Safety Management System - this includes use of hot-cells and manipulators, use of SCADA systems, driving trucks, using pumping systems for site effluent and liquid waste treatment systems as well as corrosive chemicals and machinery to decontaminate items
- Establish and maintain productive relationships and provide advice to internal customers, in accordance with set guidelines, standards and service level agreements. Present a professional approach and ensure customers are informed of changes to activities or decisions that may affect the quality of service provided
- Proactively undertake inspections of waste, waste processing equipment and where necessary organise repairs and maintenance of facilities and equipment
- Provide written and verbal advice and feedback to management on equipment performance and waste processes to drive improvements to plant availability, safety and efficiency
Skills and Experience
- High School or equivalent Qualification in a Science/engineering, or trade skills
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge of operating plant and equipment in a highly regulated environment, hazardous industries
- Sound computer skills with ability to operate SAP and MS Office products to enable completion of activities
- Ability to apply instructions, procedures and policies in accordance with safety and regulatory requirements
- Willingness to develop skills using trade knowledge, practical skills and experience to safely operate equipment including, transport flasks, manipulators, cranes and powered hand tools.
Link to the advert: here.