Full Details found here
Take this opportunity to Join an established SME business which is an Adelaide success story on a global scale. Through innovative research and development engineering with a 40+ year history, they have carved a niche in the global mining industry, providing unique and complex products to the market from supply only to full turnkey solutions. Due to an internal move, an excellent opportunity exists for a full time, permanent Radiation Safety Officer.
Reporting to the Product Manager, you will be responsible for the management and regulatory requirements of all radioactive materials within their product range and keeping up to date with all legislative requirements.
Key elements of the role:
- Ensure that all employees follow safe work practices involving radiation
- Ensure that all occupationally exposed staff members have personal dosimeter badges
- Ensure calibration of radiation test instrumentation to national standards
- Develop and maintain an ongoing liaison with regulators
- Maintaining all regulatory approvals related to radioactive materials and devices
- Manage movement of radioactive materials and perform internal audits
- Maintain documentation
The suitable candidate will possess the following:
- previous experience in radiation safety or a similar position
- current radiation licence to use or handle radioactive substances and experience in handling / controlling radioactive substances
- tertiary qualification in science, engineering, physics or equivalent
- a good working knowledge of Word and Excel, and the ability to analyse problems and develop effective solutions
- experience in working within a regulatory or compliance framework
- excellent communication, written and verbal skills
- an understanding of logistics
- experience in managing or conducting audits or and inspections
- perform duties efficiently under time constraints.