To support the development of our GenX betavoltaic power generator, entX is looking to employ a radiochemist or materials scientist/engineer with experience in the handling, manipulation or modification of radioactive isotopes. The successful candidate will support the research, development and commercialisation of entX technologies, with a focus on creating and exploiting innovative materials and systems solutions utilising radioisotopes.
At entX, you'll discover a world of extraordinary opportunity, challenge, and fulfillment where you can pursue goals, develop new skills, change career paths, and explore new horizons.
Our engineers and scientists make tomorrow’s energy solutions a reality. Join us, and you’ll play a vital role in helping solve these challenges!
- Provide technical input to the design and development of new, innovative technologies and their manufacturing processes
- Manage and manipulate radioactive isotopes while working in a laboratory environment in compliance with regulations
- Develop and/or support design and process concepts and ensure that all concepts are suitable for manufacturing
- Support product design outputs (including FMEAs and other process/documentation) as required
- Support and/or organise validation activities against developed specifications
- Ensure compliance of product or process with regulatory and/or customer requirements
- Raise patent opportunities and issues with management and work with patent attorneys on potential patents
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience in handling, manipulation or modification of radioactive isotopes
- Applied understanding of quality, regulatory and safety requirements (i.e. radiation safety, EPA-SA/ARPANSA regulations, quality systems) is desirable
- Experience in research and application of research outputs in a commercial application is desirable
- Experience with beta-emitting radioisotopes is highly desirable
- Must exhibit a high level of analytical and decision-making skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Good communication skills
Qualifications and Certifications
- Degree qualification in chemistry, materials or chemical engineering or another relevant technical field
- Certification in nuclear engineering, radiochemistry or another relevant technical field is highly desirable
- Be eligible for application to Security clearance level 2, NV 1 (Negative Vetting Level 1) under the Australian Government’s Protective Security Policy Framework
Send your application in the form of a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org