Application closing date: 11:59PM Sunday 12th March 2023
- Ongoing I Full Time I $65k- $84k + 15.4% super | salary sacrificing available
- Sutherland Shire I Work-life balance I Health & Wellbeing Programs
- Band 3/4 linked role with occasional overtime available
- ANSTO fosters a culture of inclusion, where our diversity of thought and differing perspectives are a source of organisational agility, resilience and renewal
About the Opportunity
The Health Physics Surveyor provides hands-on safety advice and monitoring services to a range of operational areas to ensure the safety of staff, contractors and visitors; and compliance with ANSTO's WHS Standards and Practices, and with regulatory requirements.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
Monitor and measure radiation levels and advise on radiological hazards, provide ventilation safety advice, log information to ensure QA compliance.
- Provide advice to different levels of personnel on the most effective practical radiation protection measures to be taken across a large and varied range of situations. This advice is based on defined policies and procedures within a set range of parameters.
- Deliver basic radiation safety training to other ANSTO staff, including trainee safety officers and describe work procedures to non-ANSTO visitors.
- Provide advice on radiation safety procedures to be incorporated into divisional documents, including assisting in the preparation of these work instructions while following safety standards, procedures and instructions.
Please click here to view the Position Description.
Please click here to apply.