- 2 x Position Available
- Ongoing | Full Time | $124k - $139k +15.4% super, salary sacrifice available
- Inclusive and Diverse Organisation with a campus style work environment and free onsite parking
- Multiple positions with flexible work practices
- Seeking qualified or experienced radiation protection professionals
About the Opportunity
With the nuclear sector growing in the coming years, ANSTO is looking to expand our highly diverse and capable workforce for the exciting future ahead. We are seeking applications from qualified or experienced Radiation Protection professionals to provide radiation protection advice and services to a range of stakeholders for planned, existing and emergency exposure situations.
"The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in radiation protection with proven experience in the application of radiation protection principles for Planned, Emergency and Existing exposures situations." - Prashant Maharaj, Radiological Emergency Manager
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Effective leadership of staff, budget and resources; and the development and implementation of strategies to improve work practices, systems and processes to ensure the delivery of high-quality services and outcomes.
- Provide authoritative and expert advice to the NSSS Senior Leadership on the formulation of strategies and policies related to the Section's technical responsibilities and facilitating their implementation to support the achievement of international best practice.
- Inspire change across diverse ANSTO divisions for complex radiation protection matters, including the development and application of radiation protection standards, policies and guides within ANSTO facilities in accordance with international best practice, whilst demonstrating expert knowledge of the relevant state, commonwealth and international standards and regulations.
- Lead and mentor health physicists, radiation protection technologist, occupational hygienists and health physics surveyors in the provision of radiation protection services and advice to ANSTO staff and clients. Including the provision of guidance and instructions to health physics staff in the performance of their work to meet regulatory standards and practices.
- Support ANSTO Emergency Arrangements as a Radiological Assessor providing authoritative Radiation Protection advice for incidents at an ANSTO site, or in support of a response as part of the Australian Government Crisis Management Framework.
Please click here to view the Position Description.
ANSTO leverages great science to deliver big outcomes. We partner with scientists and engineers and apply new technologies to provide real-world benefits. Our work improves human health, saves lives, builds our industries and protects the environment. ANSTO is the home of Australia's most significant landmark and national infrastructure for research. Thousands of scientists from industry and academia benefit from gaining access to state-of-the-art instruments every year.
Benefits of Working with Us
ANSTO employees are passionate about what they do. We enjoy being part of an organisation making a difference in the lives of Australians.
We support and reward our employees through eligibility for:
- Training, development and mentoring opportunities
- Performance based salary increases
- Work-life balance with generous leave entitlements and flexible conditions
If you want to join a world class organisation that's making a difference in the lives of Australians, apply now!
How to Apply
For further technical information relating to this position please refer to the Position Description or contact Prashant Maharaj on (02) 9717 3882. For all other queries please contact Talent Acquisition on (02) 9717 3359.
To be eligible for appointment, applicants will require a security and pre-employment medical assessment.
Application closing date: 8 September 2023 at 11.59pm
All applicants must be Australian citizens.
In order to solve great challenges, we need great minds and great teams. At ANSTO, we understand that diverse teams produce better outcomes and we value the merit that a diverse perspective can bring to our team. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, primary carers, those with a disability, and women in STEM. ANSTO is a charter member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) initiative and is proudly taking action to create a gender-inclusive workforce.