Application closing date: 11:59pm Sunday 22nd October 2023
- Ongoing | Full Time | $107k - $120k +15.4% super | Salary Sacrificing available
- Sutherland Shire location I Health & Wellbeing Programs I Free onsite carpark
- Great opportunity to work in a newly created safety investigation role
- On-site child care facility
About the Opportunity
The Specialist Incident Investigations & Monitoring role provides an excellent opportunity for someone with experience in Work Health and Safety (or similar) and in particular workplace safety incident/accident investigations. They will be part of a newly established team and work collaboratively across the organisation with relevant stakeholders, to ensure ANSTO incidents are investigated to identify causes and actions to prevent re occurrences.
"The ideal candidate will have a safety, or similar background, with extensive workplace safety investigation experience. They will have a proven ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders to achieve agreed goals and identify improvements for safety.”
Maria Prior, Operational Sustainability Manager.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage & conduct the triage of workplace incidents, focusing on safety incidents
- Using safety based investigative tools to conduct holistic incident investigations for safety incidents supporting the delivery of a just culture and the identification of causes including the root cause.
- Coordinate subject matter experts across the organisation to assist in the investigations, managing the investigations holistically. Provide expert advice & support for incident investigations.
- Verify the appropriateness of findings and actions identified from incident investigations.
- Maintain oversight of the closure of incident investigations and monitor the effectiveness of the completed actions and findings from incidents. Assist in the management of the Incident Management tool.
- Using your safety knowledge you will also be required to develop relationships as a basis for influencing, mentoring and providing integrated technical and strategic advice on WHS goals and objectives. Provide insight and report on incident trends to the WHS teams for information and knowledge to improve operational activities.
Please click here to view the Position Description or click Apply to view.
How to Apply
For further technical information relating to this position please refer to the Position Description or contact Maria Prior on 0438 231 635. . For all other queries please contact Talent Acquisition on +61 (02) 9717 9361
To be eligible for appointment, applicants will require a security and pre-employment medical assessment.
All applicants must be Australian citizens.