Application closing date: 11:59pm Sunday 3rd December 2023
- Ongoing I Full Time I $67k- $87k + 15.4% super | salary sacrificing available
- Sutherland Shire I Work-life balance I Health & Wellbeing Programs
- Multiple vacancies for Band 3/4 linked roles - occasional overtime as required
- Part-time Job share arrangements will be considered | Female applicants encouraged to apply
- There is a comprehensive training & accreditation program available for this role
About the Opportunity
ANSTO is currently looking for the next generation of Health Physics Surveyors. This role is a great starting point to launch you into an exciting career in Radiation Protection. This is an entry level role with all training provided and may suit a Year 12 school leaver with an interest in science or someone with tertiary qualifications in relevant engineering/science discipline or if you are looking for a career change.
- Initiative, self-motivation and problem-solving skills
- Completion of Higher School Certificate
- Ability to follow policies & procedures
- Drivers License or on track to obtain one
- General maths and science
"The ideal candidate will possess strong technical, communication and team working skills. They will be flexible & tolerant to the ever-changing operational requirements of the organisation with a solid safety focus."
Membership of the Australian Radiation Protection Society will be highly regarded.
- Andrew Popp, Manager Radiation Protection Services
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and measure radiation levels and advise on radiological hazards, provide ventilation safety advice, log information to ensure QA compliance.
- Provide advice to different levels of personnel on the most effective practical radiation protection measures to be taken across a large and varied range of situations. This advice is based on defined policies and procedures within a set range of parameters.
- Deliver basic radiation safety training to other ANSTO staff, including trainee safety officers and describe work procedures to non-ANSTO visitors.
- Provide advice on radiation safety procedures to be incorporated into divisional documents, including assisting in the preparation of these work instructions while following safety standards, procedures and instructions.
Please click here to view the Position Description.
ANSTO leverages great science to deliver big outcomes. We partner with scientists and engineers and apply new technologies to provide real-world benefits. Our work improves human health, saves lives, builds our industries and protects the environment. ANSTO is the home of Australia's most significant landmark and national infrastructure for research. Thousands of scientists from industry and academia benefit from gaining access to state-of-the-art instruments every year.
Benefits of Working with Us
ANSTO employees are passionate about what they do. We enjoy being part of an organisation making a difference in the lives of Australians.
We support and reward our employees through eligibility for:
- Training, development and mentoring opportunities
- Performance based salary increases
- Work-life balance with generous leave entitlements and flexible conditions
If you want to join a world class organisation that's making a difference in the lives of Australians, apply now!
How to Apply
For further technical information relating to this position please refer to the Position Description or contact Darren McPherson on 0475 812 666. For all other queries please contact Talent Acquisition on +61 (02) 9717 9361.
To be eligible for appointment, applicants will require a security and pre-employment medical assessment.
All applicants must be Australian citizens.