- Application closing date: 18th February 2024 at 11:59pm
- Multiple positions available
- Ongoing Full Time | $89k - $120k + 15.4% super | salary sacrificing available
- Inclusive and Diverse Organisation | Health & Well-being Programs | Flexible Work Practices
- Great Opportunity for a Radiation Protection Professional to join ANSTO and be emersed in interesting and inspiring work
- Generous relocation packages available for interstate candidates.
About the Opportunity
With the nuclear sector growing in the coming years, we are looking to expand our highly diverse and capable workforce for the exciting future ahead. As Australia looks to ANSTO as the leading source of nuclear expertise, advice, and services, you will have a crucial role in providing benefit to Australians by providing advice and guidance in radiation protection and emergency management to our internal and external stakeholders.
“The ideal candidate will have minimum 5 years' experience in operational health physics or radiation safety, with strong project management skills who is eager to apply their knowledge to achieve improved safety lifecycle outcomes in radiation protection.” Michael Polewski, Radiation Safety Lifecycle Leader
Membership of the Australian Radiation Protection Society will be highly regarded.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote and foster safety culture at ANSTO with the aim of continuous improvement and understanding of radiation safety measures. This may include challenging established ways of working in favour of more optimal approaches.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of the relevant state, commonwealth and international standards and regulations and ensure the development and application of radiation protection standards, policies and guides within ANSTO facilities in accordance with international best practice.
- Develop strong client relationships and adapt communication styles to suit levels of technical understanding in order to reach agreement on desired outcomes and so that clients are confident to act upon given advice.
- Ensure a Through Life Capability Project Management approach to all radiation and nuclear new build and decommissioning activities.
- Represent ANSTO as a subject matter expert at national and international forums and ensure ANSTO arrangements are compatible with world’s best practice
Please click here to view the Position Description.
ANSTO leverages great science to deliver big outcomes. We partner with scientists and engineers and apply new technologies to provide real-world benefits. Our work improves human health, saves lives, builds our industries and protects the environment. ANSTO is the home of Australia's most significant landmark and national infrastructure for research. Thousands of scientists from industry and academia benefit from gaining access to state-of-the-art instruments every year.
Benefits of Working with Us
ANSTO employees are passionate about what they do. We enjoy being part of an organisation making a difference in the lives of Australians.
We support and reward our employees through eligibility for:
- Training, development and mentoring opportunities
- Performance based salary increases
- Work-life balance with generous leave entitlements and flexible conditions
If you want to join a world class organisation that's making a difference in the lives of Australians, apply now!
How to Apply
For further technical information relating to this position please refer to the Position Description or contact Michael Polewski on 61 (02) 9717 9518. For all other queries please contact Talent Acquisition on +61 (02) 9717 9361.
To be eligible for appointment, applicants will require a security and pre-employment medical assessment.