Ongoing Position Overview
- Ongoing | Full Time | $89k - $120k +15.4% super, salary sacrifice available
- Inclusive and Diverse Organisation with a campus style work environment and free onsite parking
- Multiple positions with flexible work practices
- Seeking applicants who are keen to apply their knowledge in a challenging real world application
About the Opportunity
With the nuclear sector growing in the coming years, we are looking to expand our highly diverse and capable workforce for the exciting future ahead. As Australia looks to ANSTO as the leading source of nuclear expertise, advice, and services, you will have a crucial role in providing benefit to Australians by providing advice and guidance in radiation protection and emergency management to our internal and external stakeholders.
"The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in operational health physics or radiation safety and proven ability to work in a flexible, agile work environment" - Prashant Maharaj, Radiological Emergency Manager
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Effective leadership of one of the radiation protection services capability lines of development: Training, Equipment, Personnel, Doctrine and Concepts.
- Effective leadership and supervision of staff, budget, and resources.
- Apply radiological safety technical excellence to a variety of radiological control problems within the safety envelope of the Radiation Protection Expert
- Prepare technical basis documents, policies, and procedures in areas including (but not limited to): safe-work methods, decontamination procedures, and radiological emergency procedures.
- Contribute towards technical capability related to Radiation Protection, Radiological Nuclear Emergency Preparedness and Response for ANSTO, The Commonwealth, State/Territory and internationally.
Please click here to view the Position Description.
ANSTO leverages great science to deliver big outcomes. We partner with scientists and engineers and apply new technologies to provide real-world benefits. Our work improves human health, saves lives, builds our industries and protects the environment. ANSTO is the home of Australia's most significant landmark and national infrastructure for research. Thousands of scientists from industry and academia benefit from gaining access to state-of-the-art instruments every year.
Benefits of Working with Us
ANSTO employees are passionate about what they do. We enjoy being part of an organisation making a difference in the lives of Australians.
We support and reward our employees through eligibility for:
- Training, development and mentoring opportunities
- Performance based salary increases
- Work-life balance with generous leave entitlements and flexible conditions
If you want to join a world class organisation that's making a difference in the lives of Australians, apply now!
How to Apply
For further technical information relating to this position please refer to the Position Description or contact Prashant Maharaj on (02) 9717 3882. For all other queries please contact Talent Acquisition on (02) 9717 3359.
To be eligible for appointment, applicants will require a security and pre-employment medical assessment.
Application closing date: 8 September 2023 at 11.59pm
All applicants must be Australian citizens.
In order to solve great challenges, we need great minds and great teams. At ANSTO, we understand that diverse teams produce better outcomes and we value the merit that a diverse perspective can bring to our team. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, primary carers, those with a disability, and women in STEM. ANSTO is a charter member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) initiative and is proudly taking action to create a gender-inclusive workforce.