Application closing date: Monday 5th September 2022
- Join an innovative environmental services business that cares about its people and the planet.
- Work alongside talented scientists, engineers and experienced industry practitioners who are making an impact in permanent waste management.
- The role will be based in our Perth office with a requirement to attend our operational site on a routine schedule (50%) to fulfill the duties as Radiation Safety Officer.
Did you know that Australia creates more hazardous waste per capita than any country in the world?
That is a big problem for all of us.
At Tellus Holdings Ltd, you can become part of a team that offers the solution for us now, for our future generations and our planet.
Tellus is an environmental services company that is helping clean up Australia by offering geological repositories that provide waste storage, recyclable product recovery and permanent isolation for hazardous materials.
Tellus operates Australia’s first commercial geological repository in Western Australia and has exciting national expansion plans underway.
To support our operations, we are expanding our Radiological team and looking for a highly motivational, passionate, and authentic leader who believes in our mission and wants to make Australia a cleaner and safer place to live.
As part of the Radiological Services team, the role will be accountable for:
- Managing our Radiation Management and Source Security Plans;
- Managing all required radiological health, safety and environmental monitoring processes.
- Maintaining all regulatory approvals related to radioactive materials in our operational areas.
- Overseeing all radiological safety and emergency awareness training requirements, including training delivery.
- Assisting with the development of required waste characterisation and verification methodologies, equipment and facilities for waste treatment, handling and disposal of radioactive waste.
- Being the radiological subject matter expert to provide required support and advice for our operational teams with respect to radiological waste acceptance and logistics processes
To be considered for the role, you must have:
- Successfully completed a tertiary qualification in science, engineering, health physics or equivalent.
- Demonstrated previous experience in radiation safety or similar position. Previous experience managing radioactive waste storage, transport and disposal, including regulatory approvals is highly desirable.
- Detailed knowledge of Federal and State radiation safety legislation, codes of practice, standards and guidelines, including the management of naturally occurring radioactive materials (NORM), disused sealed radioactive sources (DSRS), and the management of packaging, transport and/or storage of radioactive materials.
- Detailed knowledge of international best practices regarding the management of radioactive materials (i.e. the IAEA Safety Standards Series).
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to build and maintain effective and sustainable relationships with government regulators, collaborators, contractors and any other external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to be solutions-focused with a proactive can-do attitude, who can work across all levels of the business with a consultative, respectful and team-based approach.
- Ability to be certified as the operations’ primary Radiation Safety Officer as per the Radiation Safety Act 1975 and Ventilation Officer as per the Work Health and Safety (Mines) Regulations 2022.
At Tellus, you will find:
- An entrepreneurial culture, where you are surrounded by experienced and driven scientific and operational teams from many different industries and experiences, who have joined Tellus because they know Australia needs them.
- A company that values the health and safety of its employees and the communities we work in and the passion and dedication that you bring to the table in achieving our collective mission.
- A team of people that strongly believes that you can be “green” and work in waste, cares deeply about cleaning up the environment, cares for each other and is determined to together enjoy the journey we are on.
- A great opportunity to grow with us, including having equity in the business.
- Leaders who understand that flexibility and life balance is important – that having a job should never compromise spending time with family, friends and personal health and wellbeing.
- You will have the platform to showcase your experience and knowledge, including your understanding of radiological risk, mitigations, and opportunities at all levels of our business.
- You will be trusted, relied upon (you do what you say you will do) and have credibility in what you can offer.
- You can demonstrate your relationship building skills to grow genuine long-lasting connections, where people want to grab a coffee, a kombucha or a beer with you.
- You can be the entrepreneur you were born to be. No-one in Australia has done what we’re doing, so you will have permission to be creative, think outside the box and offer new thoughts and ideas.
- We all care about climate change… and want to do something about it.
Are we who you have been looking for?
We would love to hear from you and learn more about you and what you could bring to Tellus.
Employment is subject to a few satisfactory outcomes, including Right to Work in Australia, a National Criminal Record Check, and a pre-employment medical assessment.
Any further enquiries about the role or to simply apply, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be holding first discussions as soon as you apply, with final applications to be submitted by Monday 5th September 2022.
Tellus Holdings Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Indigenous Australians are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.