Application closing date: 23-May-2023
Your New Role
Carrapateena is a large-scale, world class modern mine operated by world class people. This exciting role is now available, and we want the very best of the best on deck to lead the team and collectively deliver exceptional results.
At OZ Minerals Carrapateena, we believe our greatest asset is our people and we are working hard to provide a wonderful mix of age, cultural and geographical backgrounds to further enrich our inclusive workplace culture. We truly value your ideas and encourage you to champion innovation and collaboration, we are here to unlock your value and offer opportunities that supercharge your career to go beyond what is possible.
Location: Hybrid / Carrapateena, South Australia (60-minute flight from Adelaide / 30-minute flight from Port Augusta)How You Will Create Impact
Roster: 8 days on; 6 days off
Employment Type: Full-Time
Pay & Benefits: Our employees are a valued stakeholder at OZ Minerals, we want to attract the very best talent to join our team. As such, what we offer is generous when compared to Australian mining industry pay and benefits. We are more than happy to share specifics later.
Work Life Plans: We believe in empowering our people to make their own choices on how they can best achieve their work. Employees working with OZ Minerals create a tailored individual work-life plan which is based on their ‘whole of life' needs taking into consideration both role requirements and personal/family life - flexible working is real and is supported by our entire Executive Leadership Team.
What We Value
- Oversee Carrapateena's occupational hygiene & radiation monitoring programs, yearly data evaluation, statistical analysis, risk assessment, stakeholder approval, hygiene monitoring program, radiation management documents
- Maintain management documentation including document reviews and safe work instruction preparation
- Oversee the occupational hygiene database (Cority) to ensure quality of monitoring data and accurate reporting of results to stakeholders;
- Analyse, and report on OH data to inform, develop and drive strategies and initiatives across the business; Prepare Annual Management Plan and communicate to relevant stakeholders.
- Site radiation gauge management including regular inspections and wipe sampling to meet regulatory requirements
- Oversee equipment management through database management tools (e.g. Calibration, external repair / service)
- Build the occupational hygiene capability of Carrapateena teams, providing professional guidance, training, and support
- Provide support to health, safety and hygiene team members to build team capability
- Provide advice and professional support to the business and contracting partners within a timely manner on legislative and company requirements in relation to occupational hygiene matters
- Statutory Radiation Safety Officer responsibility to deal with legislative and regulatory requirement for the site (Radiation management plan, waste management plans, Annual report preparation and submission to EPA, annual dose calculation and reporting, incident / accident investigation. Gauge management on site, training competency
- Accountable for ensuring contract partners understand occupational hygiene operational requirements and processes, assisting with the aim of achieving and exceeding compliance. Key contact for compliance and exceedance investigation.
- Manage unexpected hygiene events including hazard assessment and recommendation of immediate corrective actions to protect worker health; investigation and reporting to the EPA / relevant stakeholders
- Assist in the implementation of OZ Minerals policies, standards & procedures through consultation and collaboration; Not assisting, full responsible for rolling out with consultation and collaboration
- Work collaboratively with the health team to identify and evaluate key health issues and advise on their control. Oversee automated system for Health through Cority for health monitoring and other legislative requirements.
- Degree qualified in Occupational Hygiene, Health Science, Physics, or a relevant associated field
- Demonstrated experience in identification, evaluation and control of risks arising from physical, chemical, and biological stressors. Ideally with exposure to the Mining / Mineral Processing industries
- Full Membership or COH with Australia institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH).
- Experience in radiation safety: working with industrial gauges, NORM and waste
- Strong communication skills, promoting effective engagement with all levels of management
- Drivers Licence (Manual), preferably with underground experience
- Proven capability to deliver with a proactive, results-oriented, solution-focused approach.
- Practical application of legislation, standards & codes of practice relevant to occupational hygiene requirements in the mining or heavy industry sector
- Proven capability to develop and deliver relevant training and engage with the workforce
- RSO Industrial Gauges Licence, Apparatus, X-ray analysis licence and ANTSO RSO course or equivalent.
Key How We Work Together Behaviours:
I partner with people internally and externally to deliver great things together (collaborating / respect)OZ Minerals - A Modern Mining Company
I define success then proactively plan to deliver (planning / accountability / simplicity)
I develop, mentor, coach and support others (including / sustainability)
Unlock your potential and help us challenge the status quo, while doing the best work of your life.
We want creative and passionate people on our team, who can go beyond what's possible to make lives better.
What we do is centered around creating shared value for our stakeholders. And how we do things is what makes us unique.
We know everyone's best work takes different shapes and forms, and we are committed to empowering and harnessing this difference.
For us, development is continuous, learning is holistic, and How We Work Together is more than just a tagline.
Who are we? We are OZ Minerals, a modern mining company.
If you think you can make a difference, please apply below.
Please click here to apply.